Friday, January 21, 2011

Snow Day!

I've been debating whether I want to dig my car out of the snow today or deal with it tomorrow. Decisions, decisions. I basically spent my day in my pajamas. I watched Maury, Judge Judy, and Nate Berkus. Due to my vacation and several snow days, I find myself watching a lot of these shows. What can I say? I love train wrecks. The unfortunate side effects of watching these types of programs is that I suddenly have the urge to redecorate my apartment (even though I don't even have a shoe string budget to work with)and I've also added the terms "baby daddy" to my vocabulary (as I recently discovered during an embarrassing game of Catchphrase).

I attempted to stick to some of my New Year's Resolutions by working on my journal today. I discovered a couple of things about myself while working on said journal: (1) I really, really want a cape.



(2) Mary Poppins is a larger influence on my fashion sense than I expected, especially since I love unreasonably large purses that allow me to carry around a journal, a book, a camera and my favorite tea bags. That's right: TEA BAGS! I was recently teased for carrying around several STASH tea bags of Goji Berry Green Tea, which smell like Strawberry Fruit Roll-Ups. So sue me!

Anywhosal, as I was sipping on some of my STASH tea, I was quite thankful that I didn't have to go into work. My entire week has been one fail after the next. The library's catalog crashed, which meant that I couldn't check books in or out or even look up books. ::Sigh:: Although I'm extremely grateful that we're automated, sometimes I long for the days of yore, where card catalogs got the job done just as effectively.

My day off also became a day of list making. Before the end of this month, I need to make another mix cd in order to get my new year off to a great start, but which songs should I include? I was thinking about making some sort of summer themed mix, so that I can remember better days are ahead while driving in slush, bitter freezing rain, and snow. Here's a list of possible tunes:

(1) Under the Milky Way - The Church
(2) Carnival- Bikini Kill
(3) Girls and Boys - Blur
(4) So Real- Jeff Buckley
(5) Even Better Than the Real Thing- U2
(6) Summertime- DJ Jazzy and the Fresh Prince
(7) Mary Jane's Last Dance- Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers
(8) Animal- Neon Trees
(9) The Mystery Zone- Spoon
(10) Just What I Needed- The Cars

Hm, and what else? I'll have to put some more thought into this. Any ideas?

2 comments: