Monday, January 17, 2011

New Year's Resolutions

It has been several weeks since the new year has gotten its start, and I'm still trying to complete my list of resolutions. I can't really seem to get started on any of them. Ina is having a lovely party to get a whole gaggle of us girls to come up with some resolutions, so maybe that will give me the kick in the pants that I need in order to get started with these things. My first resolution was to say kinder words to others. Unfortunately, I already broke this resolution by yelling obscenities to most of the downtown drivers in Boston and also telling my friends to go f*** themselves when I lost during the Just Dance 2 debacle (I need to work on my moves). Robin's resolution was to floss more and I thought this was a great resolution, especially since I just got two fillings for my cavities. I adopted this resolution and have promptly broken it (I got the floss stuck between my teeth and it made my gums bleed profusely). I'm a sissy. Ugh.

Anywhosal, I sat down and decided I'm going to make a list of random things I want to accomplish and try to do at least two things on the list. I've stolen some of these resolutions and I'd like to know if anybody has any resolutions that I should add to this list.

Ze List:

(1) Spend more time with my family and friends.
(2) Maintain my blog on a weekly basis.
(3) Make more people smile.
(4) Surround myself with flowers.
(5) Read 2 books per month.
(6) Cook and share the results (no matter how much it sucks).
(7) Try that flossing thing, again.
(8) Create an etsy shop.
(9) Be fully present with the person/situation in front of me.
(10) Indulge in a couple of relaxing hours each week.
(11) Attend more yoga classes. Maybe teach yoga to kids??
(12) Take more random pictures and share those pictures.
(13) Write for at least an hour a week. Maybe publish something?
(14) Sew stuffed animals for my nieces.
(15) Be glad no matter what.
(16) Take an online course.
(17) Donate clothes and household items that I no longer need.
(18) Pay off my debt.
(19) Reorganize the picture book and early reader section of my library.
(20) Save at least $20 per week.
(21) Start wearing clothes that actually make me look classy instead of homeless.
(22) Start an art journal.
(23) Knit with the girls.
(24) And last, but certainly not least, just keep on being AWESOME!

I think these are enough resolutions to keep me busy for a while! What are your resolutions?

6 comments:

  1. I love resolutions 2 and 13, but I admit I might be a bit biased in that regard. As for my own resolutions:

    1) Revamp my website and promote my writing more
    2) FINALLY pick up the guitar and learn how to play at least at an intermediate level
    3) Finish the Stieg Larssen books (only two-thirds a book to go!)
    4) Begin dating again

    ReplyDelete
  2. See, your resolutions are more reasonable. My list is a bit overwhelming.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Technically if you surround yourself with flowers, you'll have completed two of them and met your goal! :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a girl that likes her flowers, but I guess I'll have change one of them to make YOU happy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Per #15.... Did you know that the artist and author SARK has a wonderful new book out called GLAD NO MATTER WHAT? Perhaps it can help you with #5 as well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah, I'm huge SARK fan! I remember my photography teacher in high school gave me a copy of Inspiration Sandwich for my graduation and then I bought Make Your Creative Dreams Real, which I loved. I'll have to give Glad No Matter What a try. Thanks for the suggestion! :-)

    ReplyDelete