Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Green Smoothie Recipe


I was reluctant to try a smoothie with ingredients, such as spinach leaves and kale because my diet usually consists of Keebler cheese and crackers and gummy bears, but I've heard nothing but great things about how kale is so good for you, so I decided I should give it a try and maybe start eating right.

I went to the supermarket and picked up all of the ingredients and threw everything into the blender. My drink was all green and looked like the gooey slime from You Can't Do That On Television. I sighed, grimaced and said,"Well, here goes nothing." My look of revulsion turned into absolute delight! This smoothie is yummy and nutritious. If you want a tasty treat that your body is going to love then here's the recipe. I can't recommend it enough.

Green Smoothie Recipe

Makes about three cups

Ingredients
1/2 c. Vanilla Almond Milk
1 avocado
Juice of 1 lemon
1 c. kale
1/2 c. spinach leaves
1/2 c. pineapple
1 c. ice cubes

2. Blend on high until all ingredients are mixed and then add ice. Blend until smooth.

3. Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, this recipe sounds pretty good. Granted, it looks like someone just tossed whatever they had in the fridge into a smoothie, but I believe you if you say it works!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it looks bad, but I just closed my eyes and down the hatch it went and well, it was the best surprise of the year. LOL.

      Delete