Thursday, September 9, 2010

Summer Beverages


I hate to admit this, but summer is fading fast, so I need to talk about my favorite summer beverages before the topic of this post becomes completely irrelevant. So, here are my top five:

(1) McDonald's Carmel Frappe. If loving this drink is wrong, I don't want to be right and at 470 calories, I should have stayed away, but just like Edward Cullen's bizarre addiction to Bella Swan, the Carmel Frappe is my personal brand of heroin...along with shopping trips to Target.

(2) Odwalla's Strawberry Protein Monster. It tastes like a strawberry Fruit Roll-Up! I usually have to pee a lot after I've had a bottle of it, so I have to make sure that I'm not in the middle of a Trueblood marathon if I decide to grab a second one. http://www.odwalla.com/

(3) Bubble Tea (Passion Fruit). Sucking up the tapioca beads through the fat straw is my favorite part, and then I roll the bead around on my tongue before chewing on it. The Boston Tea Stop in Cambridge is one of my favorite places to go for bubble tea, especially after shopping at Oona's and New England Comics.

(4) Apricot Vodka Martini. This drink is perfect in terms of classiness and having that super yummy flavor that sends your taste buds on a trip to Good Times Island. It's a sweet combination of fruitiness and alcohol. Take note, boys, this is the type of drink that could get a girl drunk pretty quickly. Recipe: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/bobby-flay/apricot-vodka-martini-recipe/index.html.

(5) Baklava sundaes. Okay, so technically this isn't a beverage, but ice cream melts, so I think it could fit into the drink category. The baklava sundae has honey, chocolate syrup, vanilla ice cream, whip cream, and baklava (the main ingredient, of course). My mouth went to heaven and my thighs went to hell after having three of these in the course of one weekend.

So, the moral of this post is to get out there and enjoy all of these calorie laden beverages and yes, you deserve it!

1 comment:

  1. Figures that as soon as you post this, the temperature suddenly drops to 60's and 70's and there's no need for cold drinks, lol.

    ReplyDelete